So I ran into an issue with the Google Search appliance we have at work and I figured I would pass the info on. When users were accessing the URL in a browser like FireFox or Safari on the macs it would throw the following error: “Need Kerberos authentication from GSA”. Below are the settings that need to be changed in order for FireFox to allow it to authenticate with Kerberos.
There are 5 settings you need to change, all accessible when you type about:config in the address bar:
As of now I have not figured out a way to change these values automatically or in a mass group, I will update if I find a solution to that. As for Safari I have not found any solutions so just having MAC users run Firefox or chrome is the best solution. Also the latest versions of Chrome support windows authentication without modification.